Assertiveness is having a balance of expressing oneself and one’s emotions without being overly aggressive or domineering.
What is Assertiveness Training?
Assertiveness Training is a therapeutic strategy that uses different techniques for restructuring thought patterns and processes, belief systems (including self limiting beliefs) and confidence levels. It can be very useful in many situations that involve voicing your own needs and opinions with others. Consequently this also affects how you begin to see yourself and behave more confidently as a result.
Assertiveness Training can be useful for:
- Social situations – overcome social anxiety
- Being truthful and authentic to the self
- Being truthful and staying in line with own values and morals
- Being more confident – improving self efficacy
- Being self assured in all situations
- Asserting your own rights against injustice or unfairness
The new skills acquired within this training can allow you to be happier and more successful in specific situations and in general life.
What is involved in the training?
- NLP techniques and coaching
- Thought questioning and disputation
- Practising role play in scenarios internally and externally
- Learning communication skills
- Problem Solving Therapy
- Mental Imagery techniques
What are the requirements of me for this training?
There are no specific requirements, but what is absolutely crucial is the DESIRE for you to change your own habits and life. You would need to be motivated to do the 6 week program / workshops (whichever you prefer) in order to make some real lasting successful changes for yourself. You will then find that this motivation and the training together will create within you, a new attitude towards yourself and others.
Benefits of Assertiveness Training
- Better confidence
- Better self- esteem
- More self assurance
- Better social skills
- Better communication skills
- Negotiate tricky social situations
- Overcome social anxiety
- Be more successful
What my clients say
Meeting Priti was one of the best things I ever did. She’s helped me become myself again and realise I am not my insecurities or fears. I have become so confident and strong because of this lady and I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you for everything Priti, you’ve changed my life.